Drum n Beat Sessions - Drumming fun is here!
Drumadore, ex Saw Doctors drummer and Head of the Macnas drummers, Eimhin Cradock, brings a new, FUN and professional way of teaching drums. The two hour 'Drum n Beat Sessions' are tailored for children aged 4-12 years old.
Responding to the strange times and offering an outlet in the midst of the madness the pace will be fast and exciting. The sessions will weave in and out of drumming, games, favourite tunes, jokes, clapping, beats and lots, lots more.
“Group drumming has so many benefits and can really help kids build confidence and make friends in a non-competitive setting”, says Eimhin. “With Macnas and Connacht games and many other live performances such as on The Late Late Toy Show, our drummers have formed great bonds and made loads of memories.” “I think it’s a very powerful way of bringing people together in a world that goes more and more online”, ads Eimhin.
Eimhin has used all his experience as a primary school educator to create a blend of rhythm, movement and energetic drumming called “Drumadore Steps” which he has been teaching for the last five years in Headford and more recently in Claregalway. It is like a martial arts graded system where kids start at white band in junior infants and finish up on black band in 6th.
Drumming unlocks a special place in everyone's hearts and can be brilliant in building confidence. Drumadore is all rooted in fun and friendships. The Drum n Beat Sessions will be an intro to Drumadore for the five Galway towns and in 2021, Westport, Ballinrobe, Tuam, Kinvara and Barna will all be new locations for this exciting new past-time!
Drum n Beat Sessions
Drum n Beat Sessions (4-6yrs) | 10am-12am
For our youngest campers the pace will be fast and exciting as we weave in and out of drumming, games, favourite tunes, jokes, clapping, bucket beats, crafts and lots, lots more. Our goal is to offer a funfilled, confidence building, positive experience, all to the beat of a drum!
Drum n Beat Sessions (7-9yrs) | 1.00pm - 3.00pm
This age group will follow the same as above but with slightly more emphasis on creating fun rhythms. We will figure out drum beats to their favourite songs and play them together!
Drum n Beat Sessions (10-12yrs) | 4.00pm - 6.00pm
For this age group there will be loads of beats learned aswell as a chance to play on a drumkit. We will discuss all things internet too and use video games, memes, vines and anything else that the kids are into as an inspiration for drumming!
2 Hour sessions
4-6 yrs | 10am-12am
7-9 yrs | 1.00pm-3.00pm
10-12 yrs |4.00pm - 6.00pm
Covid 19 Protocol
🥁It's been a challenging time over the last few months for everyone. We aim to give a fun-filled exciting experience to our campers to restore some kind of normality.
🥁We have modified our sessions significantly following all guidelines advised by NPHET and published by the Health Protection Surveillance Centre (HPSC) and the HSE.
- Limited space - only 15 students per group
- The classes will be run inside and will be socially distanced
- 'Stay at your drum station' rule ensures social distancing
- Sanitising stations will be provided and hand hygiene essential
- A Covid Officer will be in charge of ensuring protocol
- Regular cleaning and sanitisation of equipment
- Daily declaration forms to be signed via whatsapp
- Contactless drop off and pick up's
1 Child - €15
2 Siblings - €27
3 Siblings - €38.25
Discount for siblings
- Please enter discount code '2SIBLINGS' for two children at the CHECKOUT
- Please enter discount code '3SIBLINGS' for three children at the CHECKOUT
Covid-19 - Directions on the day
-Parents must fill out a simple declaration form for their children via whatsapp before their session begins. You will be added to the whatsapp group a few days before - (if you dont have whatsapp, we can use text or email)
-Parents of the 4-6 year old group are allowed to accompany their children for the first half an hour provided they wear a face mask and observe social distancing. We will be there to help on the day anyway so don't worry.
-For all other age groups it would be great if you could drop your child at the door, just be aware of social distancing, many thanks.
-The Drumadore flag will be outside the front door and myself, Michael and Deanna will be there to greet you.
-Due to covid-19 restrictions arrival and pick up times will have to be strictly adhered to. Many thanks.
What else you need to know...🤓
- The session will be run indoors and socially distanced - face masks are not required by students.
- Children do not need to bring any drumsticks or anything else. Everything is provided here. Each child will be given their own set of drumsticks . Children won't be sharing any equipment and all equipment will be cleaned and sanitised before each session.
- The sessions are two hours long so we won't need to break for food. A bottle of water or juice is advised. 🥤
- We are using pads as sound dampers so we will not require ear plugs or any ear protection. 👍